**28th September 2021 – Training Cancelled**
Due to the weather and the current fuel situation there will be no training tonight. A message has been sent on the club WhatsApp group
Southdown Players and Parents
The Club has arranged some friendly matches on Saturday 9th October.
Please await more information from coaches for the relevant age groups that will be participating.
Southdown Netball Club
NETBALL FOR ALL
Southdown Netball Club is a friendly club making netball accessible to all. We aim to help develop confidence, the ability to work as a team, teaching ball handling skills and movement whilst having lots of fun.
We offer age appropriate coaching with opportunities to play matches.
We coach girls from School year 6 (under 12) up to School year 11 (under 16).
Saturday 14th March match report.
Southdown Cheetahs u12 played a fabulous game and secured a win (17-13 against ANG). From the outset the girls played with real flair and conviction. The team were all incredibly adaptable which was needed due to a couple of injuries. A tight game but the lead was extended from 2 to 4 goals within the last quarter to secure a lovely win. Well done girls! Sadly a break in play before the second match didn’t do us any favours. Despite starting well we struggled to work the ball out of the mid court and adapt to the height of the other team. Some confident words at half time helped the girls and they began to read the game much better (1-11 to Stars) was the final score.
Southdown Pumas u15 also played. The girls were AMAZING as a team and played beautifully, a strong start to the day winning their first match (9-5 against CDP Lilacs), their second match followed soon after and despite a wobbly 2nd quarter and many having to play out of position it was a close match against a team who were all a year older, unfortunately we ended up losing (10-24 against CDP Marroon).
- Parents joining in playing netball? That’s exactly what happened on our last training session of the 2018/19 Season!
- We had 28 willing parents who braved the courts on 7th May 2019 to take on their Daughters.
- The first set of matches saw parents playing against and marking their own children. There was some ‘interesting’ interpretations of the rules by the parents but excellent work from everyone!
- The second set of matches saw parents pitched against other parents, eagerly cheered on from the sidelines by the girls. Well, what can we say? Had some of you been taking lessons from your children or practicing in advance? There was some excellent shooting and great defensive work.
- It was a fab evening, so much so that we think this should be an annual event on the Southdown calendar. We hope you all had fun.
- Quote of the evening “Is there a mixed league? Maybe i’d like to join in!”
Southdown Jaguars U11's
Southdown Cheetahs U12's
Southdown Lynxes U13's
Southdown Tigers U14's
Southdown Pumas U15's
Southdown Lionesses U16's
“Southdown Netball Club – Netball for all”